Eta Carinae Nebula eso1828c
This image is a colour composite made from exposures from the Digitized Sky Survey 2 (DSS2). The field of view is approximately 4.7 x 4.9 degrees.
Credit: ESO/Digitized Sky Survey 2. Acknowledgement: Davide De Martin.
Read more interesting posts:
- Post-truth politics and why the antidote isn’t simply ‘fact-checking’ and truth
- Hubble’s Megamaser Galaxy
- In Search of Missing Worlds, Hubble Finds a Fast Evaporating Exoplanet
- NASA’s NICER Mission measure light echoes from New Black Hole
- Internet of Things: when objects threaten national security
- On Second Thought, the Moon’s Water May Be Widespread and Immobile
- NASA’s NICER Mission Finds an X-ray Pulsar in a Record-fast Orbit
- Tiny Asteroid Discovered Saturday Disintegrates Hours Later Over Southern Africa
- Cassini crashes: it’s time for a new mission to explore the possibility of life on Saturn’s moons
- Jupiter’s Aurora Presents a Powerful Mystery
- One-third of the world’s nature reserves are under threat from humans
- Swift’s telescope reveals birth, deaths and collisions of stars through 1 million snapshots in UV