The Life and Death of a Planetary System
How did we get here?
How do stars and planets come into being? What happens during a star’s life, and what fate will its planets meet when it dies?
Our story begins with unimaginably cold clouds in space that contain the seeds of whole new worlds – stars and planets about to be born.
What happens next? Find out in this new multimedia experience.
Written by Elizabeth Landau
NASA’s Exoplanet Exploration Program
Read more interesting posts:
- First Light for ESPRESSO — the Next Generation Planet Hunter
- Wolf 1061c Another Closest Earth Candidate Planet Discovered by Astronomers
- Help us find out what our possibly habitable exoplanet neighbour is actually like
- NASA’s New Planet Hunter Snaps Initial Test Image, Swings by Moon Toward Final Orbit
- Anthill 15: Unexplored places
- Hubble delivers first hints of possible water content of TRAPPIST-1 planets
- ALMA and Rosetta Detect Freon-40 in Space
- Hubble Finds Huge System of Dusty Material Enveloping the Young Star HR 4796A
- When the world is not enough: how to find another planet to live on
- Hubble delivers first insight into atmospheres of potentially habitable planets orbiting TRAPPIST-1
- Multi-planet System Found Through Crowdsourcing
- NASA’s planet-hunting spacecraft TESS is now on its mission to search for new worlds
- Why looking for aliens is good for society (even if there aren’t any)
- Chandra May Have First Evidence of a Young Star Devouring a Planet